Tripple murder suspect deported from Ireland to Mozambique now back in Zimbabwe after Interpol manhunt

Tripple murder suspect deported from Ireland to Mozambique now back in Zimbabwe after Interpol manhunt

By the Irish Mirror

Zimbabwe national Peter Dube, who was the subject of an Interpol manhunt, was arrested by cops after he landed at Robert Mugabe International Airport in Harare on Wednesday afternoon.

This car dealer is set to go on trial for a triple murder – after he was kicked out of Ireland.

He flew in from neighbouring Mozambique – after he had been deported there from Dublin earlier this year.

Dube was arrested in Dublin in June last year after he was found to be living in a facility for international protection applicants in the city under a false passport.

The 38-year-old was charged with an offence here, before being convicted and deported to Mozambique – the false passport he entered Ireland with.

Mozambique authorities then moved against him for having a false passport and sent him back to Zimbabwe, where cops were waiting to arrest him on suspicion of a gruesome triple murder in 2021.

Dube has been sought by cops since his second wife Nyasha Nharingo and her suspected lover Shelton Chinhango were shot dead in the city of Gweru in April 2021.

Nyasha’s friend Gamuchirai Mudungwe was also shot dead in the incident. Nyasaha’s sister Nyaradzo was also shot in the ambush – but survived. Dube was in custody last night in Zimbabwe and was set to go on trial.

A Zimbabwe police spokesman said: “Firstly, we would like to thank Zimbabweans for their patience as we were conducting investigations as the Zimbabwe Republic Police and I want to make it clear that Peter Dube has not been extradited, what happened is that he has been deported from the Republic of Mozambique due to fake identity and travel documents, anything else in terms of the investigations and the court appearance will be advised in due course.”

Zimbabwe cops believed Dube had fled to Ireland after spending time in Swaziland, a state some 1100 kms from Zimbabwe, and which he called by its former name of Eswanti.

The officer said: “Ongoing investigations confirm that he disappeared and left the country. New leads show that he jumped the border and started living in Eswatini under the alias Xolile Mtsali. He then relocated to Ireland, where he sought asylum.”